The Par3.IT Cloud service has always been a great way to share files with anyone, at any time, from any device. Recently, we have added a new Collaborative Web Editor feature to this service. This new feature takes the secure file sync and share capabilities of the Par3.IT Cloud to another level, permitting full document collaboration from within a secure platform. Here are some of the key features:
- Edit in real-time with multiple co-authors– You can securely edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations when working in the new Collaborative Web Editor, without needing to download a separate application or navigate away from the secure system. It allows you to make changes simultaneously with multiple co-authors and see each edit in real time. Works with all the major browsers. Edit spreadsheets, documents and presentations without the need for Excel, Word or Powerpoint! You can even edit existing Excel, Word and Powerpoint documents with the Collaborative Web Editor.
- Comment, chat, and track changes– The new Collaborative Web Editor provides rich commenting and collaboration tools. In many cases, principal authors may only want comments or reviews by third parties, not line by line copy editing. The built-in commenting capability allows each reviewer to leave their comments throughout the document. If contributors are both in the document at the same time, the chat function may be the easiest and most interactive. In cases where line by line editing is needed, the editor supports rich track changes functionality, permitting detailed edits by co-authors and review/accept actions by principal authors.
- Create– It also allows collaborators to create content from scratch, without any additional third party applications such as Excel, Word, or Powerpoint. Documents, spreadsheets, and presentations can all be built from scratch in the editor and securely and privately shared with others.
- Presentation– You may want to provide a presentation to viewers or audience members online. This allows you to use “presentation mode” to securely share content with groups of online viewers.
- Secure, controlled, and audited collaboration– Security and privacy are significant considerations in collaboration which is why the Collaborative Web Editor gives a rich set of controls and permissions. Limitations on downloads, forced user authentication for online editing and expiration policies are three common needs to preserve privacy and confidentiality. Collaborators often need detailed audit trails over all changes, edits, and interactions within a document. With the Collaborative Web Editor, many of the trickiest document and security concerns are alleviated.
With complete secure file sync, share and now collaboration functionality, Par3.IT Cloud is the key to group productivity.